At Mead High School, we develop the mind, heart, and spirit of ALL students by first ensuring an opportunity to belong. That's not just our mission & vision, but it's our life's work. We see public school as a hub for the community and a glimpse into its future prospects. As a comprehensive 3A school with approximately 1750 students, we understand belonging is no easy task; however, we take pride in providing opportunities for ALL students to find their niche and thrive via academics, activities, arts, and athletics.
The WIAA Scholastic Cup is an indicator of the above efforts--Mead High School has held the cup an unprecedented 7 times as the top in the state of Washington. Panther Athletics and Activities combine their competitive winnings with academic success and sportsmanship to earn this title.
Our students prepare for said success at the high school level via our feeder middle schools, Highland & Northwood, and our feeder elementary schools, Brentwood, Evergreen, Prairie View and Farwell.
Ultimately, our collective work here @ Mead High School prepares students for what's next:
- 92% plan to enroll in 4-year universities, 2-year colleges and technical schools, or the military.
- Over one-half took at least one AP Class.
- 38 completed the rigorous 4-year nationally certified Project Lead The Way program in Bio-Med or Engineering.
- Over $5 million in scholarships was earned and accepted. This total is the highest in the 105-year history of Mead High School.
- Click here for even more!
Mead High School is so much more than a school--It's a place to belong!
Want to partner with us? Check out our Panther PIE program HERE.